Monday 24 October 2011

Putting them all together

Botanic dream...I've produced this as a digital print but it forces me to think..is this statement art? Probably. Does including words automatically mean a statement/narrative? Yet artists that I admire such as Jenny Holzer and, for different reasons, Bob and Roberta Smith, and artists such as Tracey Emin, all use words that imply narrative and statement. So...busy planning screen prints and lithographs with layers of concealment. I shall curl up and hide behind them and not say a word. Although took part in a workshop this weekend on writing the object. I now have attained enlightenment about the haikus in the garden. Writing the haikus was a performative act in response to the phenomenological event of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment